In case you saw our “8 Reasons VCRs Need To Make A Comeback” blog post and still weren’t convinced to keep those tapes around, here are 6 creative ideas for things you can do with your old VHS tapes.
I’m not sure if I’m cheap or green, but I still have more VHS tapes than I should admit to. My main issue is with having to repurchase (or pay to convert) all of the movies I’ve already purchased. My second issue is hating to see the amount of waste I’m creating simply because new technology exists.
But I’m having a second baby and that means Mission: Declutter is in full effect.
Here are six ideas of how you can reuse your VHS tapes.
1. Build your own version of Ikea’s Expedit Shelves
Photo credit: Rubow Happenings
2. Build your own coffee/dining room/craft table
Photo credit: Technabob
3. Use the tape to weave your own chair
Photo credit: Kez Allen
4. Prop up your AC unit (or anything else that needs propping)
Photo credit: Dvinfo.net
5. Make your own creative pencil case
Photo credit: artifactlv.com
6. Weave your own evening clutch
Photo credit: Noonday Collection
Alison J. Herzog is an eater, shopper, traveler, and most of all, a proud mama to Baby Zog. She pays for these by working as a social media strategist. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram or at In The Land Of Zog and catch ramblings about all of the above.