Throughout these past few years, Twitter users have documented some pretty important things that are going on in the world, and even just in their own lives. There have been Twitter marriage proposals, a tweeting fetus, and, more importantly, tweets documenting the natural disasters or political reforms that have been surrounding our world.
Here are a few of the most historic tweets since 2006:
1. “There’s a plan in the Hudson. I’m on a ferry going to pick up the people. Crazy.” – @Jkrums
2. “Millions are in uproar in #Cairo. Rumor is they heard our new spring collection is now available online… – KC” – @KennethCole. This was infamously bad.
3. “Everyone call me at 248-456-3421 :) or text” – @JustinBieber. Justin Bieber gave out the cell phone number of one of his more invasive fans. This fan received over 26,000 text messages and the fans phone rang for hours. Kind of a jerk move Biebs.
4. “@StefSull – ok. For the rest of the Twiiter-Universe (and this is a first, folks) – WILL YOU MARRY ME?” – @garazi
5. “Are you ready to celebrate? Well, get ready: We have ICE!!!! Yes, ICE, *WATER ICE* on MARS! woot! Best day ever!!” – @MarsPhoenix – This tweet marked the landmark of the discovery of ice on Mars.
6. “Arrested” – @Jamesbuck – This tweet ended up being a life savor for James Buck, a UC Berkeley journalism student.
7. “Just setting up my twttr” – @Jack – This was Twitter’s co-founder very first tweet.
8. “HI TWITTERS. THANK YOU FOR A WARM WELCOME. FEELING REALLY 21st CENTURY.” – @Oprah – This was Oprah’s first Tweet.
Image Source: laurenceborel.com