Haven’t you heard? The 90′s are back. Here are 8 reasons to dust off your old VCR player.
1. DVDs scratch easily, causing infuriating skipping. Try to scratch a VHS tape. I dare you.
2.You can get used VHS tapes and VCR players for super cheap right now.
3. Your VHS tape is always right where you left off. No need to go to scene selection to find your place.
4. VHS tapes are thicker, making your movie shelf look way more impressive.
5. Its ironic nature will give you hipster street cred.
6. You can reuse VHS tapes with relative ease. Sick of that old workout video? Record something over it. This is America. It’s a free country, no one’s going to stop you. Except DVDs. DVDs are going to stop you. You need special re-writable DVDs to pull off something like that.
7. If you sit on a DVD, you could totally ruin it. If you sit on a VHS tape, the only thing breaking is your tailbone. Durability, my friends.
8. All your Disney movies are on VHS. While you wait for all those classics to be “released from the vault”, I’ll be marathoning them all on the VCR while counting all my money I didn’t spend on movies I already own.
May your sweet reunion with your VCR player be filled with all the bliss in the world (Just don’t forget to rewind when you’re done).